Friday 13th May, I made my way to the fashion & jewellery Exchange at Birmingham City University in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter.
Hosted by Enterprise Nation and another successful year of entrepreneurs sharing advice and buyers from top retailers including John Lewis and Selfridges, giving top tips on how to get products on the shelves.
I benefitted from a wealth of inspirational and practical business advice from talented fashion and retail experts, including an opportunity to present my wares to top retail buyers! Just look at this for the line up...
10.00am: Welcome From Emma Jones, Enterprise Nation
10.10am: Meet the buyer:
- Selfridges Eleanor Robinson, head of accessories buying, responsible for woman's accessories, shoes and jewellery, as well as children's ready to wear, Selfridges.
10.40am: How to delight your customers:
- Emma Mortimer, former managing director, THE OUTNET and director of customer care for the Net A Porter Group.
11.00am: How to raise funds and manage your money:
- Alison Lewy, founder Fashion Angel and Start Up Loans delivery partner for fashion.
- Darryl Bannon, senior manager, KPMG, and British Fashion Council mentor.
12.00pm: The top things you need to know about selling your goods online:
- River Island Helen Colclough, e-commerce development manager, River Island.
12.30pm: Jewel in the crown: Chaired by Alison Lewy, a panel of successful entrepreneurs explain how they got started and accessed support to keep growing.
- Henry Deakin, jeweller and silversmith, Deakin & Francis.
- Rebecca Struthers, co-founder, Struthers London (based in Birmingham Jewellery Quarter).
- Mark Thomas, operations director, WB Creative Jewellery Group.
- Natasha Bagnall, national accounts executive, WB Creative Jewellery Group (formally jewellery design and new product development at Vivienne Westwood).
2.00pm: Getting into the mind of a buyer:
- Deba Hepburn, founder, Young British Designers.
2.30pm: How to pop-up with TopShop:
- Denizer Ibrahim, special projects, Appear Here.
3.00pm: Meet the buyer:
- John Lewis Lee Prosser, fashion Accessories Buyer, John Lewis.
3.30pm: How to get noticed PR panel including:
- Anna Chapman, jewellery PR specialist- Facets PR.
- Jenny Eason- Midlands Fashion Awards.
- Andrew Riley- Style Birmingham.
- Chloe Lilywhite- Spotty Dog Communications- JQBID PR Consultants.
Overwhelmed, fascinated and loving every minute of it I found myself on a roller-coaster of excitement and emotions, I had no idea this type of event existed. So here I am armed with an amazing list of contacts not to mention the fabulous people I met on the day isiko is on a mission, we hope you'll join us.
Visit us to see our amazing new ranges, and don't forget to share and like our blogs or also don't forget to follow isiko on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. We look forward to sharing our isiko journey with you.